Friday, October 05, 2012

Brunch at The Carrington, Surry Hills


Miss Piggy and The Boy dined as guests of The Carrington

A big thanks to Jamie from The Carrington for inviting The Boy and I down to try their brand spanking new burnch menu. I "know" Jamie through twitter and he knows me 'cos I chat his ear off everytime I go to The Carrington. Maybe he thought filling my gob with food would shut me up - as if!  Turns out he was overseas on the day we visted anyway...hmm. I'll just have to chat The Boy's ear off instead.


The bunch menu, like The Carrington's dinner menu, has a Spanish influence.  In short the menu is beyond stellar.  I was completely paralysed by indecision as EVERYTHING sounded so damn good.

I changed my drink order about three times as I didn't want to have drink regret. I stupidly ordered a cappuccino and then spotted the interesting sounding Horchata with coffee ($7.00). Horchata seems to be a pretty common drink in all those exotic Spanish speaking countries - each country has their own variation. This version is made with rice milk, sugar, cinnamon and coffee AND IT'S AMAZING! The Boy orders a skinny cappuccino (yawn) which comes with a cute little churros (yum).



If I had trouble picking a drink you cannot imagine the struggle I went through to order actual food. I had narrowed it down to a mere four options but couldn't decide on what my final choice was going to be. After consultation with our waitress I decided on Empanadas Rancheros ($14.00) with a side order of Rosti ($4.00 each). The empanadas sat on a bed of creamed corned and was filled with (free-range) ham hock and beans, and topped with a gorgeous runny egg.

Whilst my breakfast seemed so exotic I have to say I was VERY disappointed with The Boy's very Australian approach to this bunch. I mean, a Big Breakfast ($20) - c'mon dude!  It did come with a healthy serve of Chorizo...so I guess that qualifies as exotic. He said the whole thing was totally delicious, but next time I'm going to make him order the Morcilla + Potoato Hash with Duck Egg!


I just couldn't leave that drinks menu alone. After we finished eating I decided I just HAD to try their Beetroot Lemonade ($6.00). I've never had anything like - earthy in flavour from the beetroot and sweet from the lemondade. Perfection. The Boy was pretty happy with his Thickshake ($6.00) - Peanut Butter, Oatmeal and Banana, it's a meal in its own right.


The brunch menu at The Carrington is so usual - I cannot wait to come back and try...EVERYTHING!

The Carrington is at 563 Bourke Street, Surry Hills.  Phone them on 9360 4714.

The Carrington Specialite: Beba y Cene on Urbanspoon

14 comments:

  1. You know I'm obsessed with brunch! Jamie had only just started when we left on holidays, can't wait to go when we get back. Looks delicious :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the Carrington. When I found out they were doing breakfasts, I actually pencilled it into my diary even before organising with others to go. The food looks awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh man! so jealous... the empanada does look good! i'd struggle to decide too - i am so indecisive!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yum to everything. I am fascinated by the beetroot lemonade (I wonder if I could make it?) and I want that oatmeal/banana thickshake right now! You have left me feeling rather hungry Miss Piggy :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. this looks delicious! i still havent been, its been on my list for some time now!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your breakfast looks divine! I'm also extremely indecisive - I change my mind much too often as I look through the menu whilst I ignore the rolling of my boy's eyes :P

    ReplyDelete
  7. felt inspired by your post and i am going to have all of it.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yum! Love The Carrington, haven't made it there for brunch yet (think we might include it on our next #Fatterday!)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh it all looks so yummy! So funny that you couldn't even make a decision on the drink. I will have to check it out next time I am in Sydney.

    ReplyDelete
  10. This looks delicious – looking forward to trying it myself!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I've been wanting to try out the brekky here for ages - the empanadas looks amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thanks for that updated info, a fantastic service for everyone. More power to you!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Ugh the decision us food bloggers have to make sometimes ;) looks amazeballs!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving your comment!

You Might Also Like:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Free Blog Template by June Lily