Friday, December 19, 2014

Taking a break...

Hi everyone! Just a heads up to let you know that I'm going to be taking a break from blogging at The Adventures of Miss Piggy.


I've been blogging here for well over four years now...and this my 530th post! After so much time and output I think the joy of food blogging has finally evaporated for me. Whilst I still love eating out, discovering new cuisines and places to eat, the act of writing about my eating discoveries has become a real chore. I've got a lot coming up over the next few months...new job, holiday to Japan and possibly moving house and I think it's time I gave myself a break from the "chore" of the food blog.

I'm not sure when/if I'll be back yet...but a big thank you to everyone has read my blog and commented over the last four years!

12 comments:

  1. Oh, sad that I won't be able to read your great write ups, but totally understandable!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Like I said on Twitter - sorry you won't be blogging, but looking forward to still keeping up on other channels!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I certainly understand how it can become a chore and when that happens a break is required. Earned, even. Enjoy yourself and you might find you miss us sooner rather than later. Happy Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You will be missed, lovely one... keep smiling and enjoy your new focus xox

    ReplyDelete
  5. Olivia @ mademoiselleinsydneyDecember 20, 2014 at 3:23 PM

    Sorry to hear you won't be blogging in the near future 😟. Been feeling the same recently... I still love food, but writing about it has become a bit of a chore. All the best for your new job, and have a wonderful time in Japan

    ReplyDelete
  6. Well Mel...this makes me feel a little bit sad. Your blog was the first blog I ever read, before I even knew what blogging was. You encouraged me to attend EDB in Adelaide, which was huge for me! You are such a good food blogger. But...I understand. Just imagine eating out sans camera and blogging voice, it will be blissful. Good luck for your new ventures. I hope if I ever visit Sydney again in this lifetime we can catch up for a meal. With or without cameras?! x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Melanie Y (Miss Piggy)December 21, 2014 at 1:31 PM

    Awww Jane, that is so sweet! I love reading your blog and am so glad you came to EDB....it was great to see you again. Come to Sydney....stay with us!

    ReplyDelete
  8. YAY! We get to eat hot food again....

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love reading your posts Mel and it was awesome to meet you! But fair enough, I feel like that sometimes as well.. anyways Merry Christmas and have an incredible holiday! :D


    Happy Holidays
    Choc Chip Uru

    ReplyDelete
  10. Only read this now. At least I will still see your updates on Twitter and insta

    ReplyDelete
  11. I Like This Post..........



    Suhagra 100mg

    ReplyDelete
  12. How about reviewing the fine food in bogan hell?

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving your comment!

You Might Also Like:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Free Blog Template by June Lily