Thursday, December 09, 2010

Malacca Straits, Broadway

The first time I visited Malacca Straits was with Mr Shawn and Miss Chicken on one of their many blogging adventures.


It was the first time I'd been out with someone on a blog trip and I was so excited...irrationally so now that I think about.  For me it was so much fun watching Mr Shawn take his snaps of the food and discussing the meal and what we thought of it (in a non-pretentious and non-wanky way of course).  Most of all I couldn't wait to read the blog post the following day.

Needless to say I have fond memories of Malacca Straits, not only for their tasty and affordable food but as it was my first foray into eating with people that love dining out as much as I do.

So when Miss Chicken suggested lunch at Malacca Straights a few weeks ago I didn't hesitate in saying yes.  I've actually been here about five times since my first visit, but never with my (dodgy) camera, and not since I've been writing my blog.

Malacca Straights is a true gem hidden in the courtyard of the Quadrant Building on Broadway. In fact, it is not really that hidden anymore as each time I've been for lunch there has been a crowd. 



Being totally addicted to Roti Bread I don't even have to think twice about what I'm having for lunch - Roti Canai ($10.00) please!


I order my Roti Canai with Beef Rendang as I LOVE Beef Rendang and have it at every opportunity I get.  I also order a side of rice as I've found in the past that a bit of rice goes well with the curry dip and sambal sauce - once I've run out of buttery Roti to mop everything up with that is!


The Beef Rendang at Malacca Straits is lovely with tender, melt in the mouth beef.  The rendang sauce is plentiful with just the right amount of spiciness. 


The only thing that would make the Roti Canai better for is if it came with three...or four...pieces of Roti. But I'm just being a piggy really.

Malacca Straits Broadway can be found at Unit 5/66 Mountain Street, Ultimo.

Malacca Straits on Urbanspoon

4 comments:

  1. Yum...I'm hungry now.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've been meaning to head here for a while now - apparently their crab is great - enuf said!

    ReplyDelete
  3. what a great find! I don't know what I love more - the $10 meals or the look of that roti! yum!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Peanut - it looks pretty good doesn't it! They should open up a branch at your work.

    Forager - they'll actually cook you a chili crab if you BYO crab!

    Gianna - I think I love the Roti more, but that fact that it's only $10 does help.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving your comment!

You Might Also Like:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Free Blog Template by June Lily